Thursday, May 3, 2012

Intro to our Maldivian Adventure

Before we get started, I have to say that we might have to post in pieces for two reasons.  The first is that we have a lot of pictures and the second is that Blogger has changed its interface and I am not familiar with it (yet). As you may have seen with the Jordan pictures - there were spaces and text everywhere!  Hopefully re-capping the Maldives will go a little smoother.

We just (last night) came back from an amazing 5 nights and 6 days at Constance Moofushi Resort in the Maldives. 

You might not know this but I have spent nearly 10 years dreaming about going to the Maldives.  Something I wished for, but never actually thought would happen.  From Canada, the Maldives are far and expensive.  From Qatar, the Maldives are still expensive but not quite so far.  Then my 30th birthday started rapidly approaching, fast on the heels of a very action-packed but also incredibly challenging last year and a half.  In February, I came to the realization that here I was, nearly 30 and not exactly where I thought I would be in my life.  Don't get me wrong, I am a very lucky and happy girl.  But there are few gaping holes on my bucket list.  I decided that we only live once.  We are a 4 and a half hour flight from the Maldives - we were going for my 30th birthday.  

And so the trip was booked.

I can tell you that by the time April 27 rolled around, Big C and I needed this trip like the crops need rain.

This trip met every expectation we had and more.  We are back, relaxed, refreshed and completely re-connected. 

Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment