Just a sample of the local currency the Qatari Riyal. $1 CDN = 3.58 QAR. We were given a furniture allowance and an "installation allowance" (ha ha to "install" ourselves) and we are going shopping today and tomorrow to buy furniture and misc household items. We should get the keys to the house on Sunday. We were given 300 QAR each to buy a phone as well. The Company will pay for my SIM card and gave C a 'HALA' card which is a pay-as-you-go card. Even though we don't really have anyone to call but each other it is nice to have a "connection" to the outside world. I think C had a hard time letting go of the Blackberry idea. But they are about 1000 QAR and the iphones are even more. So we each have a regular old Samsung phone - which I am sure will be more than fine! It took two different trips to the mall and at several phone stores and deliberation for C. Let's hope that buying furniture isn't like that! :)
I think I might have an old Motorola Flip for you Casey... It has a nice back lit orange screen...lol.
ReplyDeleterob