It was really great to see greenery and to be outside (minus the dust & sand for a change).
There was even giant bamboo - I had hoped to see a panda but I am pretty sure I wasn't quite in the right part of the world (close, though!) And though we were right next to the elephant park...we didn't see any of those either!
There were carp everywhere!

My scarf did double duty to protect my head from falling tree bugs!
There was only one scary jungle moment when I realized that while I was waiting for Big C to finish taking pictures, I was slowly being surrounded by giant red ants… seizing up my feet! I quickly got the heck out of there! We didn't get to see the top of the waterfall, but what we did see was very beautiful.

C got some amazing shots with the fantastic camera we received as a going away gift from my family – it has some really great settings and C has a really great eye!
On the way back we visited the Big Buddha Monument at the Wat Huay Mongkol Buddhist Temple. It was huge!

We also visited the Night Markets in Hua Hin and there were bargains to be found! We enjoyed wandering the stalls and looking for bargains (and yes we found some!). Beach dresses, thai silk scarves and funky lights for the house! Unfortunately we were still full from dinner so we didn’t try any of the stalls – but they looked good!
And of course we found a spot for a drink before we went back to the resort!
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Pat-La-U Waterfall, Big Buddha & More!
The next day we hired a taxi to take us to a nearby waterfall – Pat La-U for a short hike. There are 7 levels but we just went up to 4 (due to the fact we only had about an hour) and it took about an hour to get there up a meandering "mountain" road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment