I do have a few fundamental beauty beliefs that shape my attitude... my own beauty 'foundations' shall we say (ha ha)...
1. Your skin is an investment in your future. Wear sunscreen. Especially on your face. Everyday.
2. Make-up is only paint on a canvas. The quality is determined by the surface (look after your skin - see again point #1)
3. Look after your tools. Keep your brushes clean.
4. Spend money on quality products. Quality can be subjective so know what you are putting on your skin and then live with the consequences.
So, those being said my fave beauty products...

1. Rocky Mountain Soap Company Foot Butter.
Your feet will never be the same. The your beautician will think you have cheated. Put this stuff on your feet at night 3-4 times per week (with socks) and say good bye to nasty cracked heels and dry, wrinkly, rough feet.
2. Purity Face Cleanser by Philosophy
Cleans your face gently and well. Smells good and the bottle is inspiring. Your skin will thank you.


4. Kiss Me Emollient Lip Balm.
Emollients are things that soften and smooth the skin. This makes your lips soft like spreadable butter.
5. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil and Pure Radiance (like Mineral Veil but slightly sparkly)
Mineral Veil gives you dreamy, non-clumpy matte finish and sets the rest of your make-up. Pure radiance gives you that soft Taylor Swift like glow.

6. Beauticontrol Hand Scrub (and the intense repair lotion)
I use this hand scrub and my veiny, dry old lady hands are replaced by smooth skin and fingers that no longer look scaly and wrinkled.


7. Arbonne FC5 Shampoo & Conditioner
Great price and makes my hair look healthy & shiny. Better yet, it must do something to my hair because my hair grows and grows when I use this stuff. Seriously - two hair dressers (including my long time one) noticed my hair growing more than usual. Plus my co-workers noticed. How often do your co-workers notice your hair growing?! I am convinced that if your hair doesn't grow on this stuff, it isn't meant to grow!

8. M.A.C Pearlglide eyeliner and M.A.C eyeshadow (the original, in the pots)
You can't beat their eye make-up. Sharp in pigment but with many shades & dimensions in each one - not to mention extreme staying power - I have tried to stray but I always come back.


I was at a beauticontrol party a few weeks ago and bought the christmas version (white chocolate peppermint)of the instant manicure. Amazing stuff!!!
ReplyDeleteI just noticed that BeautiControl hand scrub is one of you fav things, It is one of mine too, love it. I can ship you some if you need more
ReplyDelete