Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Karma Police - The Better

It hasn't been all bad...just mostly of late.

We have had a couple of bright spots lately. Mostly they have to do with Big C, but that's ok. It's not a competition and when he is happy - I'm happy.

We were able to bring back his hockey equipment from Canada and he promptly got hooked up with a team here. He had to "try out" and everything! I didn't have any doubts in his abilities though, and he made a team in the "A" division (yay!). He's also started coaching Bantam aged kids for an hour each week. I love C when he is playing hockey, it makes him happy and it's his "thing" and a routine that we are both familiar with. Too bad the smelly equipment is back though!

I also went to "Girly Brunch" last weekend and got to hang out with 9 girls - some I have met before and others it was the first time, but again I was struck by how many amazing and talented ladies there are here in Doha and it felt sooo good to just hang with the girls and eat, drink bubbly, chat and have some giggles together. Fantastic.

We are also hosting a caddy this week. Wilks is the caddy for Michael Campbell and although we have hardly seen him - he is a really sweet Scottish fella. He was exceptionally kind and got us some passes to the Qatar Masters Tournament so we plan to be there on Friday and Saturday. Anyway, C is thrilled to have someone to chat "golf" with. :)

So, there are some bright spots and they keep us going!


No comments:

Post a Comment