But, that didn't happen. December disappeared as quickly as the other four months we have been here. Yup, at the end of January we will have been here for 6 months. It feels like we have done so much and so little all at the same time.
I don't know why some people hate resolutions so much. Is it wrong to set goals for yourself? And why not in January? New year, fresh start. It works. I think everyone should have goals. They don't have to be big - if it matters to you - then that's all that matters.
So, this year I am setting five. Five personal New Year's resolutions just for me. And Big C and I will set some for us also. Because if 2010 taught us anything, it is that we are an "US". The strength of "us" is more important than ever.
So, here we go....(in no particular order)
1. Learn French. By December 2011 I should be able to carry on a basic adult conversation. (Not 2 year old conversation...)
2. Take an introductory Arabic course. Yes, I understand that resolution 1 & 2 are similar.
3. Get up at 5:30am every morning so that I don't have to rush around like a mad woman.
4. Read one new book per month.
5. Lose 15 pounds on Weight Watchers. 9 of which I already lost once.
There is one other goal too...but it bridges the gap between a professional and personal goal. Because of this, I am still formulating what it will look like. It is going to involve taking my job and taking myself to a place where I am at peace with things. But I don't where that it is, what it looks like or how I am going to get there.
There are more resolutions as well - Big C has some and "we" have some as well. So, more to come on this post...
No comments:
Post a Comment