Monday, January 3, 2011

Big C's 2011 Resolutions

Since Little J posted her resolutions for the world (all 31 of you) to see, I guess I better follow suit. I have always made resolutions, but for some reason never wrote them down which ultimately led to the reason I never followed through on them. This year I am expecting each and every one of you to push us to complete these goals. They are not unreasonable and unobtainable, but they will need us to be focused and on track.

Here it goes:

1) Read one book, fiction or nonfiction, per month.

2) Finish my second level of BSAC training to obtain my Sport Diver qualification.

3) Become more assertive in my personal and professional life. I need to stop reacting and become more proactive in getting the things that I want.

4) I want to be able to run in the Standard Charter Dubai Marathon 10km in January 2012.

5) I want to learn French with Little J. If she is going to keep working where she is, I will need to be more than just arm candy. I mean a nice suit and a great smile only get you so far, sooner or later someone will have to break the silence.

5.1) This doesn't get its own resolution, but it gets an honorable mention. I also want to learn introductory Arabic. This is the one thing that I thought would be a must here in Doha, but because there are so many different nationalities here the common language to get anything done is typically English.

Well, it's time to get working on these. Wish me luck and keep me honest.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment