Sunday, October 3, 2010

Amazing, Fantastic & Wonderful!

That's how I describe last Thursday night. Earlier in the week, I received a message, somewhat out of the blue, from a fellow Canadian that we met once before and have been trading emails with off & on.

She asked if C and I would like to join her and her husband...(wait for it)...on their boat...(it gets better)...on Thursday night...(the suspense is building)....to WATCH TIESTO!

There is no way that she had any idea that 1) we love boats - particularly C and 2) I have always loved Tiesto. I know he is getting on a bit...and it is trance...but I just love him. And I have for a long time too.

Of course we said yes and we had a magical evening with some amazing new friends. S and her husband are wonderful, friendly people. They made C and I feel so welcome and that we might even have some new Doha friends! S brought two co-workers from the Film Festival and they were fascinating people. One of them works for Robert Redford year round and the other is a true entrepreneur who is now travelling all over the world working at international film festivals. Very interesting stories and perspectives.

There were some drinks. And there was LOTS of dancing. He even played my fave song - "Traffic" right off the Just Be album.

Like I said - amazing, fantastic and wonderful. I need to find a way to show my appreciation somehow!

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! It's me, the famous S person who invited you on the boat. It was a great night for us. So much fun! There will be more of these you know. Just wait and see...
    Bye S.

    ReplyDelete