Sunday, October 24, 2010

The View from the Passenger Side

I object! I was an excellent passenger and so was F. C neglects to mention that there was one hairy moment when we were sliding sideways and the edge of a dune was rushing up to meet us!

Not too mention that somebody wasn't the most friendly individual when getting stuck or towed... :-P

The trip out to the Inland Sea was better than the trip home - the trip out had just the right amount of beginner challenges. I was glad to see the flat land between the dunes (much safer) and the water when we arrived.
Our convoy set up a great tent city (to which we contributed the sand mats to act as the "floor" and the table) and we all enjoyed many swims! The water is actually at the point where the temperature is almost refreshing.

The trip home was a bit more extreme and stressful but C did a great job and I am very proud of his skills! He didn't mention that we weren't the only ones struggling on the way back - and they weren't newbie drivers!
Hope you enjoy the pictures...

Cruising out...

Intrepid driver

On top of the dunes

Camel crossing

Across the inland sea is...Saudi Arabia!

I love the British - we can & we will stop for tea in the desert!

On the bottom of the dune - Little J's fave part

Almost at the "camp site"

Our tent city

Parade of Cars

On the flats between dunes

Beach time

The day ends with a beautiful sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment